IOBA, the Independent Online Booksellers Association, is dedicated to promoting internet bookselling by:
1. Maintaining and enforcing high ethical and professional standards for our member booksellers, including a Code Of Ethics and a Feedback System for use by customers.
2. Promoting trust between customers and booksellers by providing a safe online environment for the purchase and sale of books.
3. Negotiating with businesses, organizations, and possibly governmental agencies that have an impact on internet bookselling.
4. Marketing to consumers to raise awareness of online bookselling,
5. Providing services and programs that will help member booksellers strengthen their businesses.